REST APIs with Flask and Python
Build professional REST APIs with Python, Flask, Flask-RESTful, and Flask-SQLAlchemy
REST APIs with Flask and Python udemy free download course
What you'll learn:
- Connect web or mobile applications to databases and servers via REST APIs
- Create secure and reliable REST APIs which include authentication, logging, caching, and more
- Understand the different layers of a web server and how web applications interact with each other
- Handle seamless user authentication with advanced features like token refresh
- Handle log-outs and prevent abuse in your REST APIs with JWT blacklisting
- Develop professional-grade REST APIs with expert instruction
- Some prior programming experience in any programming language will help. The course includes a full Python refresher course.
- All software used in the course is provided, and completely free
- Complete beginners may wish to take a beginner Python course first, and then transition to this course afterwards
Are you tired of boring, outdated, incomplete, or incorrect tutorials? I say no more to copy-pasting code that you don’t understand.
Welcome to one of the best resources online on creating REST APIs. I'm Jose, and I'm a software engineer; here to help you truly understand and develop your skills in web and REST API development with Python, using Flask.
Production-ready REST APIs with Flask
This course will guide you in creating simple, intermediate, and advanced REST APIs including authentication, deployments, caching, and much more.
We'll start with a Python refresher that will take you from the very basics to some of the most advanced features of Python—that's all the Python you need to complete the course.
Using Flask and popular extensions Flask-RESTful, Flask-JWT, and Flask-SQLAlchemy we will dive right into developing complete, solid, production-ready REST APIs.
We will also look into essential technologies Git, Heroku, and nginx.
You'll be able to...
Create resource-based, production-ready REST APIs using Python, Flask, and popular Flask extensions;
Handle secure user registration and authentication with Flask.
Using SQLAlchemy and Flask-SQLAlchemy to easily and efficiently store resources to a database; and
Understand the complex intricacies of deployments and the performance of Flask REST APIs.
But what is a REST API anyway? Put simply, a REST API is an application that accepts data from clients and returns data back. With the data, it can do many things. For example, a REST API we build in this course accepts text data from the client, processes it and stores it in a database, and then returns some data back so the client can show something to the user.
When working with REST APIs, the client is usually a web app or mobile app. That's in contrast to web apps, where the client is usually the user themselves.
I pride myself on providing excellent support and feedback to every single student. I am always available to guide you and answer your questions.
I'll see you on the inside. Let's take another step toward REST API mastery!
Who this course is for:
- Students wanting to extend the capabilities of mobile and web applications by using server-side technologies
- Software developers looking to expand their skill-set by learning to develop professional grade REST APIs
- Those looking to learn Python while specifically catering to web services
17 hours on-demand video
15 downloadable resources
7 coding exercises
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion