Learn How to Belly Dance: Complete Guide from A to Z
Step-by-step instructions, dance practice, and everything you want to know about belly dance with Iana Komarnytska.
Learn How to Belly Dance: Complete Guide from A to Z udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- Various belly dance movements: shimmies, belly rolls, hips movements, undulations, chest isolations, and many others!
- Basic belly dance rhythms, fundamentals of dancing with a veil, related folklore styles, and other things that are essential to know right from the beginning.
- Skills to put all learnt movements into dance combinations, and simply enjoy dancing to the music.
- Knowledge to understand music, costume fashion, essential parts of a belly dance show, and cultural environment of this dance.
- Full belly dance routine (drum solo choreography).
- No previous dance experience is required.
- A desire to learn something new and fun!
- Comfortable outfit that won't restrict your movement. Hip scarf/belt is optional.
Belly dance is a fascinating art form that started in the Middle East, but today it is practiced all across the globe by people of all shapes, sizes and ages.
Through belly dance you can train muscles that no other activity can reach, strengthen your core, develop flexibility and achieve graceful and fluid body coordination. Moreover, belly dance will give you benefits beyond just physical ones, such as a boost in self-confidence, reconnecting your mind with your body and practicing self-love and self-care.
My name is Iana Komarnytska. I came to my first belly dance class 15 years ago, and I had no idea it would change my life so much. Today I’m a full-time award winning professional dancer and choreographer, and I have been teaching and performing belly dance in many countries around the world.
I created this course with one thought in my mind: to create the resource I wish I had when I was starting my belly dance journey! The result is a complete belly dance guide for beginners, with over 100 video tutorials teaching you step-by-step all basic movements (shimmies, belly rolls, circles, undulations and more), in more than 14 hours of dance practice, lectures, drills and combinations.
This course is ideal for those who never had any experience in belly dance, or even dance in general, as well as for those who may have already began their belly dance journey and want to take their skills to the next level with solid foundations.
I designed this course in a simple manner that you can adapt to your needs, whether you have only 15 mins or several hours to practice. Each section combines a related group of movements with a detailed explanation of each one, and a summary dance combination to practice new skills. You will also get an overview of the most important rhythms, folklore styles, principles of dancing with veil, and dozens of dance combinations for polishing your technique.
Our final sections consist of dance practice to four different types of belly dance songs, and learning a complete belly dance routine to an exciting drum solo music. In addition, you will find several bonus sections with lectures about topics related to belly dance such as costumes, props, music, and the cultural environment of this dance, as well as resources to continue your belly dance learning.
By the end of the course you will be able not only to perform all major belly dance moves such as hip drops, undulations, figure 8, and maya, but also layer them on top of different shimmies, perform to specific rhythms, and even to incorporate some props into your dance.
All you need to begin is to be interested in exploring the beauty of dance, transforming your body and spirit with a fun physical activity, and learning to appreciate and love yourself.
What are you waiting for? Jump in and start belly dancing today.
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners.
- Continuing students (1-3 years of practice) who know some basics but want to push their technique to the next level.
17.5 hours on-demand video
5 downloadable resources
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion