Hands-on Linux: Self-Hosted WordPress for Linux Beginners
A practical, project-based crash course that prepares you for real-life Linux and Cloud work
Hands-on Linux: Self-Hosted WordPress for Linux Beginners udemy course free download:
What you’ll learn
Hands-on Linux: Self-Hosted WordPress for Linux Beginners -Course For Free
- Learn basic Linux system administration by setting up a WordPress hosting platform
- Configure a production-grade WordPress install on Linux
- Set up and configure the popular MySQL database
- Tune web server performance and set up caching for lightning-fast page loads
- Be comfortable working with an Nginx webserver
- Configure monitoring for your web hosting server
- Create and manage Linux system users
- Manage Linux file permissions
- Understand the basics of how HTTP, the Web protocol, works
- Understand basic and more advanced Bash shell concepts and skills
- Schedule commands to run periodically on Linux with Cron
- Manage remote servers using SSH
- Automate repetitive tasks with Ansible, a powerful automation and configuration management tool
- Effectively perform security hardening on Linux servers and services
- Know what Linux is
- What servers and web hosting are
- Know what an IP address and a domain name are
- Have a working Internet connection and a Windows, Macintosh, or Linux computer to follow along on
- If you already have a web server somewhere, great! If not, I’ll show you how to set one up for around $5/month.
Other courses focus on the slow memorization of theory, which doesn’t always produce the best results.
Over the course of a few afternoons, you’ll have completed a serious (and seriously useful) project, understand the basics of Linux and system administration, and be comfortable on the Linux terminal; ready to take on larger and more complicated projects or build on the foundation of your WordPress hosting platform.
Who this course is for:
- This course assumes little to no knowledge of Linux and will teach the basics of Linux and Infrastructure Engineering.
- The course is designed for people who learn technical material best when it’s presented in a practical, project-based way.
- Aspiring Linux, Cloud Infrastructure, or DevOps Engineers
- The course is designed for people who want to set up a professional-grade WordPress hosting platform (running a WordPress blog or e-commerce site), NOT for people who just want to get a simple WordPress site set up for blogging.
- Content From: https://www.udemy.com/course/hands-on-linux-self-hosted-wordpress-for-linux-beginners.