Flourishing in Stressful Times - with Tara Brach
Transform anger & anxiety into resilience & creative energy through the practice of compassion, mindfulness & meditation
Flourishing in Stressful Times - with Tara Brach udemy free download course
- Know your habitual, automatic reactions to stress
- Access the resources of mindfulness and compassion
- Make more conscious choices in pressured situations
- Grow stronger and wiser right in the very midst of stress
- Experience a larger, more empowered and joyful way of being in the world
- There is no prerequisite to taking this course.
When stressful events come our way, evolution has hardwired us to go into the fight-flight-freeze response. This automatic process served us well in surviving across millennia as a species, but in modern life, unconscious reactivity often is counterproductive and even harmful to the things that matter most to us.
In reality, stress – the actual experience of tension, of demand – though it may be uncomfortable, doesn’t have to be a problem. In fact, a certain amount of stress is necessary to bring out our full intelligence, creativity and care. It’s the essential ground for us to wake up to our own full potential: to who we really are. When we cultivate our capacities for mindfulness and compassion, meeting the challenges of life actually helps us grow mentally & emotionally stronger, as well as physically healthier thanks to reduced inflammation responses.
A critical inquiry for us as humans is: When we get triggered and reactive, how do we shift from flight-flight-freeze, into “attend and befriend”? This is the evolutionary shift that reconnects us to ourselves and each other; and, globally, can help to end violence and heal our precious earth.
In this short course packed with practical teachings and scientifically validated meditation exercises, students will work directly with their real-life negative patterns and learn to relate to stress with an empowering, clear and caring presence.
- Anyone who feels plagued by stress
- Anyone troubled by ongoing, mild-to-moderate anxiety
- Anyone caught in repeating destructive behaviors
- Anyone who'd like to handle relationship challenges more successfully