Ashtanga Yoga Beginners' Course
Learn and practice Ashtanga Yoga in a methodical, safe and clear way
Ashtanga Yoga Beginners' Course udemy course free download:
What you'll learn:
- The course is designed to help you learn and memorise the Astanga sequence including:
- Sun Salutation A and B
- The first three sets of standing postures
- Wide legged forward bends and lateral forward bend, including openers for the shoulders and upper back
- Balance Postures
- Warrior sequence and back bends
- An introduction to the sitting postures of Ashtanga yoga
- Breathing sequence and Shavasana
- Please don’t start this practice if you are pregnant.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, glaucoma, joint replacements, Ehlers Danlos syndrome (hypermobility), vertigo, a herniated disc, or have any other condition that gives you pause for thought, it is advisable to consult your doctor and to possibly work with a teacher rather than on your own.
- For those with other injuries, work carefully around the injury, never pushing into pain in the joints.
Welcome to the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Beginners’ course. This course is an introduction to this beautiful and challenging form of yoga.
The course is designed to help you learn and practice the Ashtanga sequence.
Please remember that it doesn’t matter how strong or flexible you are. The sign of a "true yogi" is the ability to move with the breath with focus and ease. This means that you may need to bend your knees or modify the postures in places... Never strain. The breath should remain smooth and even and the face relaxed throughout.
Be gentle with yourself, don’t be over-ambitious… and give yourself time to develop your strength and flexibility. You will be rewarded with a practice that brings you peace of mind as well as a fit and healthy body.
It is normal to feel some muscle soreness when you first start any exercise programme. If this happens to you, don’t stop practising, but ease up a little. Epsom salt baths, avoiding sweet foods and drinking turmeric tea can be helpful :)
Above all, remember that you are taking this course to improve your quality of life. Enjoy the process, stay with the breath, and you will feel the rewards.
Who this course is for:
- People interested in learning and practising the beautiful and challenging form of Ashtanga yoga
3 hours on-demand video
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV
Certificate of completion